Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The closed lip smile

A while back, Taylor was getting ready in the morning to go to school to get her school pictures taken for the very first time. She was really excited and was letting me fix her hair pretty when I said, "How are you going to smile in your picture?"


Big mistake....huge!


She grinned at me and all I saw were her gums, every tooth in her mouth, her chest was stuck out and her eyes were like little slits! Ohhhhh nooooo! So, what did I do? I walked her out in the kitchen to show daddy how she was going to smile. She did the same thing for him. He looked at me, back at her, then at me as if to say, "Ummmm, how do we tell our daughter she looks terrible when she smiles like that?"


So, we tried to explain to her that she doesn't have to smile quite so big. So she smiled normal but her eyes were still slits. Then we tried the 'open your eyes when you smile' so then she had a silly grin with bug eyes. Oh lord, why did I ask in the first place?!?! Finally, we said, "Honey, just smile normal and you will be fine."


Here's what came home the other day--really not so bad--could've been much worse...



When she got them, she said, "See Mommy, my eyes were open!" I said, "That's great, but why didn't you show your teeth?" "Because in order to keep my eyes open, I couldn't smile big!" Like DUH MOM!!!
So what do you think...keep them, or retakes?

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Aleric didn't smile with his teeth either. I asked him if he liked his pictures, he said yes, so no retakes for him!

myless said...

I love the picture. Don't do retakes!