Friday, January 11, 2008

Show Me the Money!

God works in mysterious ways...

This morning, I got email notification that I was approved for a loan to cover the entire cost of the 16 months that I will be in school. Good news. Now, all I have to do is e-sign the document and it will go through and be sent off to my school. Easy.

I decided that I better print a copy of the file before I hit 'send', just so that I have a copy for my file. Crud, my wireless printer is on the fritz so I have to change computers. I get all logged on to the site on the other computer, hit the "view and sign document" button and I get a pop-up blocked message. No big deal...I can fix that. Try again...another pop up. Now you can imagine that signing financial documents--especially for this much money--electronically, is a sensitive matter for the bank. So, after 2 pop-ups, I am locked out of the system and no longer even able to e-sign! CRAP! Now it's going to take like a week to get my money transferred to my school. I will be that student that goes to class without paying...is that like stealing, I wonder?

So, after thinking that I fixed the problem for good, I call the bank and ask them to please re-send the document so that I can try again. "Sorry Mrs. Garcia, but that's not possible." Of course it's not...I should have known! Silly me for thinking the bank had control over it's own documents! He said that I have to print it, sign it, and send it in. OH FINE!!!

So I go to print the pdf file...it's secured, read only, and non-printable! I proceeded to spend the next 2 hours on the phone with a computer guy from the bank trying to figure out how to make this document appear on my screen, without triggering the pop-up blocker (which was still turned off, mind you) and with a print option. Sooooooo frustrating! It was 5 min. to 11 am--I had to pick up Taylor from school in 10 min. and I still had not taken a shower, Dylan was not dressed, and I had no document. Arrrrgggg!!! So, I of course, picked up the phone and barked at Brad to enlighten me as to how many pop-up blockers he actually had on this computer and why he had his security setting so high. "There's 2...I think." MY GOD!!!

At that, I turned both computers off, got DJ dressed and left to get Taylor. When we got home, the kids ate lunch while I showered, I took them to a sitter, and I went to my orientation meeting at school. When we got home this afternoon, I was preparing to tackle the computer problem, now that I was calmer, but decided to check the mail first. Guess what I found?!?!

FINANCIAL AID PAPERS FOR THE FULL AMOUNT FOR THIS FIRST SEMESTER!!! After being told to get a loan in order, because I probably would not receive financial aid, and going through the frantic mess this morning to get my school paid for, all I really needed to do was relax and trust that God would make it happen! Weird huh? I ended up receiving two federal loans--one that I don't have any interest accruing till after graduation, and one that I will pay just the interest while in school. We felt a big weight being lifted this evening as we calculated how much we would save in interest payments alone! Shew!

So I guess I learned today to just relax a little, and trust that things will work out in the end. There is always a plan--I just wish sometimes the plan would fall into place a little quicker! Everything happens for a reason!

No comments: