Saturday, September 27, 2008

Update #3: School Year Begins

Back to school--I totally love this time of year. We all know that my favorite season is Fall and I think that's why I love it...it's when the kids go back to school and get out of the house!!! No more, "Mommy, I'm bored!", no more "Mommy, Dylan won't stop touching me!", and no more wet tracks through the house from running in the sprinkler. Actually, I love having the kids around all Summer--they still go to daycare since I still have classes, but we do get to spend alot more time together than usual.

We did tons of boating this Summer. Brad and I went to Grand Lake for a week long getaway which was very nice. The kids are like fish in Lake Arbuckle--they absolutely love the water. We got to camp with our friends several times as well. Then, finally, school started. Dylan and Taylor both go to the same school now--Taylor is in all day Kindergarten and Dylan is in 1/2 day Pre-Kindergarten. Taylor was really excited, but a little concerned that she wouldn't be able to do the work--as if she wasn't smart enough or anything. This was back in August mind you...the other day she came home (about a month later) and said,

"Mom, I was so frusterated in school today!"
"Why?"
"Because our teacher made us do worksheet, after worksheet, after worksheet!"
"Did you have problem's with them?"
"No!"
"Then why were your frusterated?"
"Because I finished mine first every time, then I had to wait for everyone else...they take forever!"

Haha--guess she's not worried anymore!

Dylan was a little different (since it is his first time in "Big Boy School". The night before school started he was so worried that he didn't fall asleep until 11:30. He went to bed at 8:30 and tossed and turned. When I went to check on him this was our conversation,

"Dylan, what the matter?"
starting to cry, "I don't want to go to school!"
"Why?"
"Because I don't want to ride the bus to daycare after school! I don't know how!"
(he's never been on a bus before)
"Dylan, the teacher is going to help you get on the bus, and make sure you are OK"
"Really?!?!"
"Of course! She won't let you get on the wrong bus, and you will recognize the bus driver because it will be Miss Misty from your daycare!"
"Miss Misty???"
"Yes."
"Oh boy! I can't wait to ride the bus!!!"

Haha! He was OK after that. The first two days went well, then he started with his attitude and the rest is history. He gets in trouble at least once a week for yelling or throwing a fit about something that doesn't meet his expectations. Same ol' same ol'.
Here's some pics from the first day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow you have great pics!!! They look so natural yet posed... it is great!

I am so glad they are doing so well too. JoAnna