Friday, October 12, 2007

Happy Halloween!




So, alot of you know that Fall is my most favorite season ever! I love the fall colors, the changing leaves, and the cool, brisk mornings! Ok, Ok, I'll stop sounding like a hallmark card. But seriously, this is the best time of year to decorate! Check out the pic of the ginormous pumpkin that I have in my front yard compliments of Linda (a.k.a. Grandma Garcia). The top pumpkin spins and the cat pokes it's head in and out of the smaller pumpkin! It was pretty funny when I put it up...the neighbors had to come out and comment on it...at least those neighbors that decide to poke their heads out of their domicile. Sometimes I wonder if their front doors even work--now days everyone opens their garage from down the street, zips inside, shuts the garage door, and you don't see them again until they open the garage door in the morning to leave for work! Sad... I remember the days that my parents would be out until dark talking to the neighbors, we didn't even have a garage door opener (yes, I know, unfathomable now! We actually got rained on to open it!) and my Dad would have to use his "extra loud whistle" to call us home from the neighbor kid's backyard.



Whew, that was a bit of a tangent. Anyway, I love this season! The hay bales are on my front porch and will soon be adorned with all the pumpkins that the kids (and I ;)) will collect from the pumpkin patch and carve. Woo Hoo, I can't wait!

No comments: