Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Jinx?





So, I am probably going to jinx myself by uttering these words--even electronically...but Dylan may be figuring out this potty thing! I spent all of last week and the whole weekend doing tiny loads of laundry just so that Dylan would have clean underwear to "practice" in. It seemed like every time I turned around Dylan would be there, saying "Uh oh Mommy, I wet!" or, even better, "Awwww, Mommy, I poopy!" So, off to the toilet we would go, carrying him out at arms length as if he had the plague or something. And the best part of all, cleaning the poopy out of the 'Lightning McQueen' underwear by wringing them out in the toilet. I must say, that my toilet has never been cleaner (aside from when Taylor was in this lovely stage) since I now have to immerse both hands in it almost daily. All of you mom's who have done this, I'm sure are chuckling...to all of you who may not have kids yet...your time is coming!



Anyway, getting to the point...Dylan has been in the same pair of underwear since he woke up this morning!!! Annnnd, his pullup was dry after naptime too! Ok, so I know it is only one day, but boy, it was nice to not do a load of laundry that consisted of 6 pairs of underwear and maybe a towel if I was lucky. Keep your fingers crossed! Don't you wish you could come and switch places with me for a little while?!?!

No comments: